Saturday, April 3, 2010

Ride into Spring

A local bike shop RB's Cyclery hosted the Ride into Spring today for charity.  You could choose between a 35 mile route and a 75 mile route.  After the big partaee at our house yesterday, Lynell and I opted for 35.  I woke up twice due to the thunderstorm which luckily passed through and cleared out by 5:30 am.  So I woke up at 6:30 dehydrated and thinking "Do I really wanna wake up and ride on wet roads?" hum....After texting back and forth...we decided to go for it.  So glad we did, it was a great ride.  The sun came out before we started and roads were dry by about mile 10.  Speaking of  mile 10,-that was the site of my first flat.  Had all the gear and gadgets (thanks to my always prepared husband) but I have not acquired the know- how at this point (the maintenance 101 class has not occured at my house as of this time).  A group of 5 guys stopped and 4 of them talked the other one through the procedure. :)  I think they were all just trying to impress us with their knowledge.  btw...I found out RB Cyclery offers bike maintenance the first Saturday of every month.  I will be there next month..fo sho!!  Prior to the flat, we were averaging about 19 and feeling really good.  We wound up averaging around 16 due to a few major hills which we geared out on.  We booked it on the flats at about 20mph and caught back up with some of the groups.  Lots of good food at the end and even a massage....yeah, next year we'll do 75!

No comments:

Post a Comment