Monday, April 11, 2011

March: Build some bike miles

We had some warmer days in March which allowed more time outdoors in the saddle.  I rode with some of the runners from the "Germantown Thoroughbreds" run group (the multisporters of the run group)! It was nice to ride some different routes and see different faces.  My longest rides were St. Patrick's Day ride -55m and a 60m with Al, my bike mentor- which btw, I'm getting much better at drafting (not that it's allowed).
My swims consisted of Tri Swim Clinic at Germantown Athletic Center. Paddles are my new favorite swim gear.  I use them for warm up & pulls.  They make me focus on the correct way to pull as well as strengthen those muscles.
I had some fun runs during March.  I ran the Smile Train 5k with my 6 year old twins, Cody and Zachary.  Our time was 40 minutes which took the boys to a first & second place finish in the under 9 category.  More important than their hardware was the fact that they really enjoyed running!  The annual Breakaway Pub Run on St. Patrick's Day was lots of fun even though I didn't indulge in any beer (green or otherwise).  The Germantown Half Marathon was the longest race I've ran since NYC Marathon. My goal was to finish under 2:00 and not push harder than that...no PR goals this year (endurance is the key).  My time was 1:58- very pleased with the execution of my plan.
March totals:
Overall Distance:  361 miles
Swim:  10m
Bike: 270m
Run:  81 m
Total Training Time:  39 hours 15 minutes 


Happy Birthday Lynell


No comments:

Post a Comment