Friday, April 2, 2010

Training Update

Well, I see it's been a while since I've posted to my blog.  I've only been trying to maintain since I've been in the boot (btw, sports medicine doctor said at least 2 more weeks in the boot...I go back April 15 for next Xray).  She is letting me train on the elliptical so I will be adding that back in next week!!! Yay!  I'm also going to PT to strengthen my hip flexors, and a Podiatrist to see if I need orthotics (good times).  I'm hoping taking these precautions might prevent any future stress fractures.  I am also beginning a new weight lifting plan that I got from the book:  The New Rules of Lifting for Women.  
My recent workouts have included swim clinic 3 times a week which I am really enjoying.  I feel much stronger & more relaxed in the water.  My stroke has really improved but I can't say I'm a ton faster yet. But hopefully that will come.  Although I did swim a 25 in 19 seconds (w/ fin) which I'm not ashamed of.  Currently my 100 is about 65 seconds & my 200 is about 2:20.  I've been on my bike every sunny day possible.  Having some awesome rides.  Looking forward to gettin aero bars & a trainer for when school is out.  I'll be able to log some miles in the back yard while the boys play. 
With all that said, today is Good Friday (Happy Easter everyone), and I'm hosting an egg hunt/ mommy drink afternoon at our house, but first swim clinic!
Praying the rain holds off for the Ride into Spring in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment