Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Gym Day

Used a lap counter duiring my swim today, it allowed me to focus on form & breathing rather than counting laps.  Swimming is slowly improving but I need to do more drill sets & increase my distance.  I feel that swimming is helping my body recover quicker from biking, running, and weights.  It seems to stretch out my muscles.  Yes! my muscles are slowly becoming more defined.  I have proof of this because I ran into a friend in the locker room that I haven't seen in a year or so & she didn't recognize me from behind (in my swimsuit) she said I was much more defined! yay!!  Now if I can just get faster...

workout:
Swim 1800 yds
Spin bike 1 hour/20m w/ focus on maintaing HR in zone 4/5- tracking this with Garmin - hoping to be more consistent.

So while I was at the bookstore with the kids, I couldnt resist buying a couple of books.  The first is about appropriate nutrition for the athlete; the other is weight training for women.  I'll post titles after I decide if they are worthy!

Off to bed, stayed up too late last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment