Saturday, February 27, 2010

Move it Memphis 10K

Today is race day  in Downtown Memphis and the weather is sunny along the river course for Move it Memphis 10K .Sportin my new Brooks Defyance while setting a 10K PR (goal was under 53:00) got 52:54. yay me!  Holly set a PR today as well...yay Holly!  Love races when we get medals as race swag :)

Yesterday was rest day & I thoroughly enjoyed it- ate, rested, and got my new shoes at Fleet Feet Memphis
 Nutrition:  dinner last night:      Lasagna & a glass of wine
                 breakfast 1             Oatmeal, boiled eggs, coffee
                 breakfast 2             English muffin w/ jelly
                 (breakfast 1 was 2 1/2 hrs prior to race; breakfast 2 was an hour prior to race)   20 min prior to start I ate a gu then at every mile I ate 1 sports bean.  Oh yeah, can't forget the water- I started drinking as soon as I got up and continued till race time.
Here are my Garmin stats:Move it Memphis 10K Garmin Stats.  I'm very pleased with my recovery time and my last mile time.  I am really focusing on finishing faster and starting out slower.  Alrighty then, it's playtime with kids this afternoon then John & I are off to dinner & a play with friends!  Grown up time!




             

No comments:

Post a Comment